Two heavenly powers come together
By Ian Kerr
As everyone knows the holiday season is only complete when egg nog shows up in stores. I find that the debate about weather egg nog is good or gross surprising. Ive always loved the sweet treat, so I’m enthused to have stumbled upon this egg nog cheese cake recipe. It looks pretty easy, a quick bake, and the use of a food processor are really the biggest elements here. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Step 2 In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Step 3 Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Step 4 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Step 5 In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Step 6 Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing.
Original recipe yields 16 servings Ingredient Checklist
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg